Packing Tips # 1 – Pack a “open first” box
Moving can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but there are some things you can do to make the transition easier. One of the best tips for a smooth move is to pack an “open first” box. This box contains all the essentials you’ll need immediately upon arrival at your new home, such as toiletries, snacks, and a change of clothes. Check our all our packing tips.
The “open first” box should be packed with the understanding that you may not have access to all of your belongings right away, so it’s important to include items that will make your first night in your new home more comfortable. Some other things you might consider including in your open first box are:
- Bedding: Pack a set of sheets, blankets, and pillows so you can make your bed as soon as you arrive.
- Basic kitchen supplies: A few plates, cups, and utensils will allow you to prepare a simple meal or snack without having to unpack all of your kitchenware.
- Electronics: If you can’t go without your morning coffee or tea, be sure to pack your coffee maker or electric kettle in your open first box.
- Medications: Make sure any essential medications are easily accessible and not buried in a box.
- Important documents: Birth certificates, passports, and other important documents should be kept in a separate folder or envelope that’s easy to access.
Remember to label your open first box clearly, so it’s easy to identify among all your other boxes. It’s also a good idea to keep this box with you during the move, rather than packing it onto the moving truck. This way, you’ll have easy access to all your essentials when you arrive at your new home.
In conclusion, packing an open first box is an essential step in making your move as stress-free as possible. By planning ahead and including all the essentials you’ll need right away, you can start settling into your new home with ease.